Walmart discounting Insteon Products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walmart discounting Insteon Products

I'm not sure if this is just my market (Orlando, FL) but two Walmarts i visited this week have red tagged all the Insteaon products. Bought another Wifi camera for $59 and door contact for $25 and a Light bulb for $22! I am really loving the products.

I scored my initial system when Tigerdirect closed for $79, two LB for $22 and garage door opener for $25! Wish I would have got the thermostat. Oh well.

Same thing at my local walmart in Marietta, GA. Wondering if that is a bad sign for Insteon overall though...

Comment

I don't remember seeing any Insteon in Walmart in Kansas.
      iPhone4s - iOS 7.1.2
      iPhone3 - "remote" IOS 6.1.6
      iPod
      Android tablet Version 4.0.4
      Hub II: 1F.66.64
      Firmware: 5679
      Bin: Hub2-V04-20140904
      PLM: 9D

2 ip cameras
      2 smoke detectors w/ smoke bridge
      1 Motion sensor
      3 keypad
      3 outlet
      4 wall switches
      1 garage door open close sensor

Comment

I believe it was a limited number of stores test. To see how well they sold. To decide if they where going to sell them nationally.

Comment

I went back yesterday to see what else may have been left and the red labels were gone, however, the cheap prices remained.

Comment

I live in Minnesota and Best buy up here use to sell a limited number of Insteon devices but don't anymore. We have a home improvement store chain up here called Menards and they sell quite a few Insteon products, although all in white.

Comment

Best Buy Canada has dropped the entire Insteon brand from its on line and brick and mortar stores. They have been replaced with lots of 2nd tier product companies like Sky Link etc.
              Want to make a real difference? Please cast your vote to make the PLM Pro a reality: http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-...t/8221-plm-pro

Comment

Working...
              X