Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tried to add Wanscam wireless camera and the hub somehow changed the WIFI settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried to add Wanscam wireless camera and the hub somehow changed the WIFI settings

I have a WANSCAN wireless camera installed for security, it has been working fine for over a year. I recently installed a new Insteon Hub. Was talking to Tech support about another issue and asked f I could add any IP camera. He said yes. I went through the steps to add this camera and the hub found it and began to add it. At the last step it failed.

My camera settings have somehow been changed. I can no longer access it.

The strange part is that I can see it trying to connect to my wifi but for some reason it is not sending the correct encryption key.

The camera is high up in the corner of my house and not easy to get to. Is there anyway I can determine what key it is using so at least it will get an ip address that I can connect to?

View the attached devices list in the route's menu choices.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I'm having the same problem with Insteon's own cameras. I have 4 in total, and I have them all set up and working. When I navigate to the URL of the camera, I can see the video and everything works. However, when I attempt to add them to the Insteon For Hub app, it insists on prompting for the wifi password (which is already configured on the camera). Then it tries to save the settings, and the camera no longer connects to wifi until I take it down, plug in into the wired network, and configure it again.

Is there some way to stop the Hub app from changing the settings? I'm choosing Manual set up, and yet it's still trying to set the settings on each camera, thus making it unreachable. I'm hoping I don't have to pull them all down and reconfigure them just because of the Hub app.

Comment

Delete the camera. Add a camera, Skip Video, log in when the camera is found, choose "My camera is already configured" and wait. It may take several minutes. Select Done when you see a camera with a slash through it.

Tip: if you're installing several camera's, then the camera you install first will be the one that shows in the Device panel.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Unfortunately, I'm never getting the "My camera is already configured" option. I skip video, it finds the camera, and then the only options are "Use wirelessly with password-protected WiFi", "Use wirelessly with open WiFi", and "Use Ethernet cable".

I thought maybe this was a limitation of the Windows app, so I installed the Android app on an old tablet, but I don't get the option there either. Maybe that option only appears on iOS?

Comment

Working...
          X