Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to remotely set up my wifi camera! I dont get this part... see below...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to remotely set up my wifi camera! I dont get this part... see below...

So I have wifi camera 75790WH. Just one camera, no other HUBs or other stuff... just the one camera. I have followed all steps so far an have installed the install tool, set p my camera via wifi, I have changed the port to 25110 as instructed. Under device status, it says "UPnP Succeed" under DDNS is says Succeed and is followed by an address http://b25780.myipcamera.org:25110 (or something like that).....

​The issue is: When I type that address into my phones web browser. I get an error message saying it cannot fnd the server???

​However.... If my phone is connected to my homes wifi, AND I type in the Device Anonymous address upon start up (looks like this: http://196.168.1.145 ETC...) THEN THE CAMERA WORKS!!!! ON MY PHONE.... But as soon as I try again with my wifi OFF then it gives me the same error message....

​Here is where I am having troube: see the following instructions copied below

3. Open a new browser tab and log into your router
    4. Choose a static IP for your camera outside your router’s
    DHCP address range (e.g., 192.168.1.237)
    5. Choose a port for your camera (we recommend 25110
    or similar)

I dont understand where it says to open a new browser and log onto my router??? My router is connected to the wall and I have a hard connection from my router to my laptop.... my laptop is not connected via wif, its connected directly to the rear of the router... Why do I need a Masters in computers in order to set up ONE camera???LOL

Comment

Not sure if this mattersbut when I installed my router, I did it on another computer, in another part of the house. then I brought the router to another room and currently have it plugged in to my laptop... do I need to install the router (CISCO) cd into my laptop? in order to log on to it?????

Comment

Which DNS service did you select? Did you forward the port you assigned?

BTW, where did you find those instructions?
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I had done the No IP one... I went to the web site, applied for an address.... but have no idea what to do with it? I followed the Quick Start Guide downloaded from INSTEON'S site....

Comment

OK so I logged bac in to NO-IP site and got my host name? Its myusernme.ddns.net next to it it list my ip user ipaddress as my laptops ip address... So I went back into the device settings on my camera, went into DDNS device settings and unchecked the maufacturers box and inputed my username, password and host address and clicked submit... now what????

Comment

Originally posted by stusviews View Post
              Which DNS service did you select? Did you forward the port you assigned?

BTW, where did you find those instructions?
              ​What do you mean FORWARD THE PORT I ASSIGNED?

Comment

If I go to options when Im in the No-IP web site it gives me a bunch of options to do withmy HOST TYPE... Is this where I FORWARD my PORT?

These are what the options look like:

DNS Host (A) DNS Host (Round Robin) DNS Alias (CNAME)
                Port 80 Redirect Web Redirect

​Under IP ADDRESS, it lists my home IP address.. Do i cange that? or di I add the 25110? at the end?

Comment

Step 6 in the QSG has a port forwarding help link.
                  Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
                  Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Originally posted by stusviews View Post
                    Step 6 in the QSG has a port forwarding help link.
                    ​I read tht , believe me I did... Its mind blowing.... I wish there were an easier way... Had I known this was that difficult to install I would never had purchased it

Comment

Working...
                    X