Insteon Cameras can be seen inside the LAN but not outside the network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Cameras can be seen inside the LAN but not outside the network

I have set up our camera to work with the new Insteon HUB. I have set it to use the Factory DDNS but it still cannot be seen outside the network. I was under the impression you do not need to forward ports using the DDNS within the HUB. Can anyone help get this camera viewable from the hub but outside the network? Every other device on the network can be accessed via the internet, except for the camera. Any help would be most appreciated.

I called tech support about this yesterday. In 10 minutes they had me going! They helped me setup port forwarding for each camera.

Comment

The new Hub does not require that you do port forwarding, but other devices (e.g., cameras) do. Here's some help: http://portforward.com/
      Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
      Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I got my Insteon HD IP Camera working fine outside of my network with the app and the new hub, unfortunately I cannot for the life of me get the stream to come in on the Insteon app on both of my Windows 8.1 machines..

Comment

Working...
        X