Can't connect to hub with android app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't connect to hub with android app

I am feeling like a pita. I have tried to create a hub account on my Samsung Galaxy 4. I could not create account. I used my wifes Ipad and created account and set up some scenes already. I decided to try my phone again and get this error.
    Your on wi-fi "XXXXXXX", Authenticating,but get RED "Fail Connecting to hub".

​Why is this so difficult?

This sounds like exactly the problem I am having creating an account with the iOS app. It says the account is created but then I cannot log in, says Authentication Failed. I tried logging in on the website and it said "The user name or password provided is incorrect." So I'd guess the account creation servers are down or something like that.

THIS IS A HUGE PITA SINCE THERE IS NO SUPPORT ON SUNDAYS! Sunday support is very important since that's when most of us work on home projects like this...no time during the week.

Comment

So I went into settings and notice that my email@gmail.com is set to email@gmai.com. So i missed the L when creating account. I can't seem to find a way to change it. I seems I can only delete account. Will I lose all my scenes and devices??? I was wondering why I never got an email every time I created a device. I am trying to log in on with my phone without the L and now I just get a spinning circle authenticating.

Comment

After about 15 minutes it finally logged in. Now It stays logged in. I like how you can open a scene switch and it will stay at that setting when I touch the insteon app.

Comment

Hey the app worked great until I left my home. Now it will not connect. I get an Error msg... Connection to Hub has been lost, please resolve than tab OK. How do I resolve lost connection? I hit OK and the circle spins for a while and error msg comes back. I guess if you never take your phone out of range you are golden

Comment

I replied to your other post.
            Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
            Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Thank you again. At first I could not find anything on the app. After that I did what instructions said. Works on 3 and 4g now from my office.

Comment

I got one for christmas. I could not connect. Same issue as raised here. then I could not log in the phone app. Then app download on the pc was difficult. Then no idea what to do from there. Asking for a CameraID, I don't know where the info is. No documentation to explain step by step. I could not see the "hub" on my router. I could not find any serious support documentation to troubleshoot. . I just cannot understand how a product like that could be shipped with such a limited documentation. A suite of pictogrammes. Same "doc" in the online Documentation section. Sorry but I cannot deal with that. I will bring back the package to the shop asap for a refund.

Comment

Working...
                X