Mini remote with hub.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini remote with hub.

I am struggling with a 4 scene mini remote. It will not link to the supplied with starter kit plug in modules. I tried to link to hub the way someone else mentioned, by adding motion sensor. It works sometime and I finally got a & b to work. I can't get c & d buttons to work. My process was to hit "a" button then "set" while hub is locating device. Insteon has to have an easier way. please help I can't wait on hold for an hour.

Don't use the Hub to create the link, do it manually.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

That's the strange thing, I could not do that. I tried both. I got the double beep but it would not turn either of them on or off. I also want to make the bottom button an emergency button to turn on all lights in network. I would have to take off cover plates on all the switches as I used micro modules. I have one insteon toggle and doubt I will buy another. It seems flimsy. I will use the micro modules in everything else I can for now on.

Comment

The link has to be created with the responder at the brightness level you want when it's On. If you create the link while the device is off, then an On signal will turn the device off.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
        X