Name/Password for Hub???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name/Password for Hub???

When I go to https://connect.insteon.com (with Safari on a Mac) I can log in to my account ok and then I see my favorites, but overlayed on this window is another login window showing the local IP/port for my hub and inviting me to enter a name & password for that. If I hit cancel a couple of times, that window goes away and I can then interact with the favorite devices and activate other views from the buttons at the bottom of that window. That 2nd login window is like a login for the hub itself, and it doesn't seem to be essential in getting access to the hub. Also, I do not recall ever providing a name & password for the hub itself when I set everything up -- just a name/pw for my account with Insteon. I have never been successful in logging in to that 2nd window, using my Insteon account info or anything else I possibly may have used to create this thing and then forgot about. I always (always?) save any new password in my keychain when prompted after creating a password and there is none saved in my keychain so I'm pretty sure I never created one. Also, if I go direct to my hub via http://10.0.1.xxx:25110 I get the same login window and cannot get in since I haven't a clue what to use here. I've tried all the usual suspects (including admin/blank) to no avail.

What am I missing? (A better memory perhaps?)

The website is in beta mode and has minimal functionality. I attribute that to the lack of appropriate expertise within the company.

Attaching locally to the hub directly, I.e 192.168.?.?:25105, results in a minimal page presentation containing some id material and a link to the beta website. The user/password is found in the settings section (house) of the mobile app; you may have to scroll down to find it.
    Last edited by JEM2114; 11-30-2014, 05:38 PM. Reason: Left out reference to house.

Comment

Wingsy did you work this out? I am trying to access the Hub from a Browser page as well.

Comment

Logging on to the hub which has an on-board web server results in the following:

INSTEON Hub Details
        Alert 2.6 YF
        PLM:9C
        Firmware:4.8A Build Feb 08 2013
        ID:2A.C7.27

For device control visit connect.insteon.com
        User Manual
        Technical Support

The hub logon (192.168.?.?:25105) is different from the account logon (connect.insteon.com). When accessing connect.insteon.com the hub logon is an apparent unnecessary challenge. The hub user/password can be found in your Insteon app under the house tab in settings. You may have to scroll down to see the settings.

The website is beta and doesn't present all devices effectively, I.e. The thermostat.

Comment

I have been unsuccessful in logging in to the hub directly at the IP address and port (192.168.1.60:25105). I get the login page, but it will not accept any user/pw I give it. I've gone to the app in Windows 8 and even in that app, the user name is inconsistent. It shows .user@gmail but if I click on that to change it, it shows user@gmail. On the initial screen there is a period before the username, but on the update page it shows the period after gmail. Neither will allow me to connect to the 192.168.1.60:25105.
          I'm very disappointed in Insteon for releasing what would be considered "experimental" software. The hardware seems to work ok. I've been able to successfully connect to connect.insteon.com, but can't control any devices from there. Putting "Beta" in the page heading doesn't make it ok that the software doesn't work. This is unacceptable.
          The Windows 8 app does allow device control. My Android phone allows device control, but is very slow. This is so confusing. I should just scrap all the Insteon equipment and go back to my X10. At this point it works much better than the Insteon.
          Sorry, some of this is off topic, but this is very frustrating. I have other issues that I will attempt to post in the correct forum.

Comment

You may be in the wrong place within the app to find the hub username/password. Select 'settings' then 'house'; scroll down to the bottom to find 'hub username' and 'hub password'. Enter a hub name of your choice along with a password of your choice, press 'done'. Retry the logon with the new name/ password. I currently have trouble getting the hub to present itself for logon although it functions correctly. Go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by TFitzpatri8
              The Hub is not designed to be accessed directly via its LAN IP address. Use one of the apps or the connect.insteon.com website with the email address and password you provided when you set up your account.
              Granted the hub isn't intended for LAN logon and it is obvious it has limited functionality when accessed. However, since some are having issues determining if the hub is in fact recognized on the LAN it would be useful to be able to determine its availability. Of course ping and other methods are available. It would be useful if Insteon were to make the topology and the functions clearer to those of us that wade through the lack of clarity.

Comment

Is the server back up? I can't access anything!
                iPhone4s - iOS 7.1.2
                iPhone3 - "remote" IOS 6.1.6
                iPod
                Android tablet Version 4.0.4
                Hub II: 1F.66.64
                Firmware: 5679
                Bin: Hub2-V04-20140904
                PLM: 9D

2 ip cameras
                2 smoke detectors w/ smoke bridge
                1 Motion sensor
                3 keypad
                3 outlet
                4 wall switches
                1 garage door open close sensor

Comment

The cloud is intact. Can you be more specific?
                  Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
                  Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

This was really only used as a way to manully adjust the date/time settings in Hub 1 an not meant for Hub 2, but this is what you do:

Step 1. Log into the Insteon for Hub application on your mobile device
                    Step 2. Go to Settings-->House
                    Step 3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page
                    Step 4. Change the Hub user and Hub password to something you will remember. (This is the username/password that the pop-up is asking for and is NOT the same as your usual login information)
                    Step 4. Go to connect.insteon.com/getinfo.asp
                    Step 5. Click on the local IP address. When you get prompted for username/password, use what you just configured into the app.

Comment

This worked for me, thanks. That repeated clicking on CANCEL (4 times) was very annoying. The page worked,
                      but the login slip covered part of my camera’s image. Now Safari fills in the password and I never see the prompt.

Originally posted by JEM2114 View Post
                      Logging on to the hub which has an on-board web server results in the following:

INSTEON Hub Details
                      Alert 2.6 YF
                      PLM:9C
                      Firmware:4.8A Build Feb 08 2013
                      ID:2A.C7.27

For device control visit connect.insteon.com
                      User Manual
                      Technical Support

The hub logon (192.168.?.?:25105) is different from the account logon (connect.insteon.com). When accessing connect.insteon.com the hub logon is an apparent unnecessary challenge. The hub user/password can be found in your Insteon app under the house tab in settings. You may have to scroll down to see the settings.

The website is beta and doesn't present all devices effectively, I.e. The thermostat.

Comment

Cannot log into hub, account, adroid app, windows app, or connect.insteon.com. Account and password is correct. Tried to reset password and I got username doesn't exist. Does anyone know if the site is down?

Comment

I'm able to log in at this moment.
                          Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
                          Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

It seems like you're experiencing some difficulty with logging into your Insteon account and accessing your hub. Let's try to troubleshoot the issue.
                            Firstly, regarding the overlay login window that appears when you log in to your Insteon account on connect.insteon.com, it's possible that it's an additional security layer for accessing your hub locally. However, if you're able to cancel out of that window and still access your favorite devices and other views, it may not be necessary for basic functionality.
                            Last edited by INSTEON John; 07-14-2023, 03:27 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Working...
                            X