Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot link up a single switch controller with a single outlet responder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot link up a single switch controller with a single outlet responder.

So, I have gotten to the point where I have one controller switch installed (2474DWH) and an outlet (2473S). The switch is controlling the wired load. The outlet is controlling IT's wired load (pushing the button turns on and off the power to the light). However, I cannot connect the switch controller to the outlet responder. I can get them both to blink their LEDs, but I get nothing after that.

I have very old wiring without neutral, which is why I used the two-wire switch. I thought, though, that the positive for Insteon was that they used wired (X10-like) comms as well as RF. Given that these two devices are less than 12 feet from one another, I can't imagine that the RF isn't strong enough.

On another post, I read that it could be that I had the polarity reversed between the switch and the outlet, so I check both.

Please tell me I spent $200 on a product that has an RF backup.

Otherwise, anyone have any ideas?

The OutletLinc does not communicate using RF, it's powerline only. It seems that the 2-wire SwitchLinc and OutletLinc are on opposite legs of the split, single-phase electric supply. Any dual-band device can solve that. The easiest to use is a Range Extender.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
    X