Integration with Wink Hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Integration with Wink Hub

Has anyone tried using a Wink Hub to control Insteon products? I can't seem to find any discussion of it anywhere. I believe the Wink Hub talks Z-Wave and Zigbee protocols, but I'm reasonably certain Insteon doesn't use those. I'm not sure about X-10 protocol. Any thoughts?

INSTEON, X10, Zigbee and Z-Wave all use a different protocol. None speak to each other. Some controllers can communicate to different protocols, but the devices themselves don't. There are exceptions, for example, some INSTEON devices can be set up for X10, but the X10 doesn't send or receive INSTEON signals and vice-versa.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

There are many platforms that do this for you. You don't need to use different apps for your smart home products! Sensorflare is a cloud based that helps you to control all your smart things using only one app. And the most remarkable??? It speaks many language from Insteon, X10 until ZigBee and Z-Wave... Take a look! I believe that is a great startup in the market of IoT

Comment

@vasiliou, if you're the Evi Vasiliou that works for sensorflare, I think it's important that you state that openly. I visited the website and cannot find any clear information about how this program connects to things such as my hue bridge or insteon hub. Also, you neglected to mention that if I want real time control over things, it's going to cost me $20/month. Honestly, this sensorflare business looks like vaporware to me.

Comment

Subscription will be DOA.

We need Insteon enabled in Wink hubs.

Comment

This post seems to get a fair amount of traffic from Wink users looking to integrate with Wink or vice versa. While we would very much like to see them support Insteon, the best way to get this accomplished is through customers asking them to support us. We encourage you to reach out to Wink and let them know: @TheWinkApp @WinkSupport or for those on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/wink/ - Thanks for all your interest!

- The Insteon Team
            Insteon Stats
            User since: 2005
            House has: 35 devices (+ 20 or more so for testing)
            Managing with: Hub 2 & Director

Comment

Working...
            X