Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible? when command given to have delay of 10 min for lights to go off?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Possible? when command given to have delay of 10 min for lights to go off?

    I see in scenes where I can say what time to turn off, but what I want to do is - once command is given I want the lights to go off after 10 minutes. This gives me time to get to the bedroom etc before it gets dark! How do I do this?

  • #2
    Are you using a HUB or ISY994i as you controller?

    Comment


    • #3
      If a Hub, is it a module 2243 Hub, the original model 2242,or the model 2245?

      Comment


      • #4
        In addition to the questions already asked, are you trying to use a switch or keypad? Is it connected to the load that you are trying to control? Would your switch be in a room other than the bedroom (such as living room) or within the room itself?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by BLH View Post
          Are you using a HUB or ISY994i as you controller?
          I am using hub 2245-222 along with a 2477D wall dimmer. I would think it would be a common thing to do!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by lilyoyo1 View Post
            In addition to the questions already asked, are you trying to use a switch or keypad? Is it connected to the load that you are trying to control? Would your switch be in a room other than the bedroom (such as living room) or within the room itself?
            A hub 2245-222 and Im using the command via my Logitec Harmony Elite Remote. The remote has built in delays I can add, but NOT to a "home control" , so it has to be done by a scene in the hub

            Comment


            • #7
              There are a lot of ways to approach this with Insteon. The Hub is an entry level controller but here are some options for the Hub:

              1. You can make a scene with that light switch. Set the desired schedule time and then set the ramp rate to anything up to 8 minutes. This would be automatic but only work at that scheduled time.

              2. You can make a scene with that light switch but do not set a schedule and do set the desired ramp rate. This way when you use the scene on your phone it will do what you want and you will not have to worry about meeting your schedule everyday. It would only work from your phone.

              3. You could set the ramp rate locally at the switch, no software required, but it will always take that time to turn On/Off unless you double tap the switch for a fast On/Off.


              If you are going to be doing any other type of logic I would recommend looking at the ISY-994i controller. With that you can say: if the time is between/after, etc.... and you press switch A, then do X, Y and Z.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by SeanM View Post
                There are a lot of ways to approach this with Insteon. The Hub is an entry level controller but here are some options for the Hub:

                1. You can make a scene with that light switch. Set the desired schedule time and then set the ramp rate to anything up to 8 minutes. This would be automatic but only work at that scheduled time.

                2. You can make a scene with that light switch but do not set a schedule and do set the desired ramp rate. This way when you use the scene on your phone it will do what you want and you will not have to worry about meeting your schedule everyday. It would only work from your phone.

                3. You could set the ramp rate locally at the switch, no software required, but it will always take that time to turn On/Off unless you double tap the switch for a fast On/Off.


                If you are going to be doing any other type of logic I would recommend looking at the ISY-994i controller. With that you can say: if the time is between/after, etc.... and you press switch A, then do X, Y and Z.
                Reply:
                I dont think the ISY-994i works with the Logitec Ultimate. Also with the Logiitech "scenes" are not imported. So perhaps the only way is to program the dimmer on the wall . but not ideal.

                I would think that it would be a very common function to add a "time (quantity of minutes) to off" function. Im assuming you are saying at current that is not possible in the hub

                steve
                Last edited by texas steve; 04-03-2018, 02:35 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by texas steve View Post

                  Reply:
                  I dont think the ISY-994i works with the Logitec Ultimate. Also with the Logiitech "scenes" are not imported. So perhaps the only way is to program the dimmer on the wall . but not ideal.

                  I would think that it would be a very common function to add a "time (quantity of minutes) to off" function. Im assuming you are saying at current that is not possible in the hub

                  steve
                  I think Sean M gave you the best way to program what you are trying to accomplish. Being that the hub is an entry level controller there will be limitations. It's akin to buying an entry level computer but wanting to play Doom or fortnite. It just wasn't made for that.

                  You can also tie your Harmony hub and Insteon hub to the stringify app. This will allow you to have some sort of conditionals with the hub. While not optimal, this is another path you can take.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by texas steve View Post

                    Reply:
                    I dont think the ISY-994i works with the Logitec Ultimate. Also with the Logiitech "scenes" are not imported. So perhaps the only way is to program the dimmer on the wall . but not ideal.

                    I would think that it would be a very common function to add a "time (quantity of minutes) to off" function. Im assuming you are saying at current that is not possible in the hub

                    steve
                    Just answering the original question. The info about the remote came too late, however you can always script your IR commands into the ISY for control with the IR module or use Logitech's Rest API. Its just not native.

                    As for the time delay function its very difficult to program properly and when its done on the cheap it is maddening to use. That's why there are controllers out there for several hundred if not thousands of dollars. I would not expect to see that functionality in an $80 controller but we can always hope.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X