Schedule not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schedule not working

I just installed a 2-wire light switch and hub. I set the schedule to go on at sunset and off at 11:30 pm. It isn't working. The lights do go on sometime late at night as they are on when I get up in the morning.

I tested the schedule by setting on and off times and it does work according to this schedule. Is the problem with setting on at sunrise?

I have had some Insteon stuff for a few years now, but would not yet consider myself an expert. However, if a sunset (or sunrise) time is not apparently working, check the House location in the app. I sometimes use Windows or Android and it shows up in both. Essentially by setting the location, you tell the hub when sunrise and sunset occur day by day. In addition, check the Hub local time - though if your timed on/off selections are working that is probably OK.

The other oddity I have seen is that in the app, a device may not show that it can support a schedule (one of my switches does not have a "schedule" line item in its settings) but I had entered a schedule for it in the "schedules" tab of the app. That schedule is ignored. So I think the app can be used to set a schedule that is ignored! I do not see how a switch device can not have a schedule associated with it but in at least one case mine does!

I hope this may provide a clue, but alternatively maybe someone else will jump in with more advice.

Comment

Agree with rickety on resetting your location. That usually fixes sunrise/sunset timers.

Comment

Working...
      X