Lock Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lock Controller

I have a Lock Controller (2862-222) that controls a MI-Lock door lock. It works great. I would like to lock/unlock the door from one (or two) of the buttons on a six button keypad. How do I do that?

The owners manual on the product webpage covers how to link the lock controller to an Insteon device.

http://www.insteon.com/support-knowl...-owners-manual

Comment

The door controller is already linked to my Insteon Hub as is the six button control panel. Multiple devices cannot be linked can they?

Comment

Originally posted by jet1 View Post
        The door controller is already linked to my Insteon Hub as is the six button control panel. Multiple devices cannot be linked can they?
        An Insteon device can be linked as a controller of only one scene, but there's no practical limit to the number of devices that can be controlled, that is, members of the scene. Also a scene can have many controllers. So, yes. Multiple devices can be linked.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

So, I need to create a scene for the six button keypad to open/close the lock controller?

Comment

Yes, a scene is created when any Insteon device is linked as a controller, responder or both to any other Insteon device. You cannot link a keypad, per se, only one or more buttons on that keypad.
            Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
            Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
            X