Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moved Hub to different Ethernet switch, all sensors lost.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moved Hub to different Ethernet switch, all sensors lost.

Hi, I have had an issue recently (past few weeks) where any/all lights connected to Insteon switches would flicker a tiny bit at random times. After perusing the forums, I enabled the LED flashing on traffic, and saw that it correlated 100% with Insteon traffic.

I read on some forum that moving to another area of the house/another switch solved it for some people. I did the same. And it also definitely has stopped flickering and I don't see as much traffic as I used to, generally only when switches are activated.

However, in moving the hub, I have lost all comm with two leak sensors and one open/close sensor. All other switches and cameras are fine. It hasn't yet been 24 hours, so I don't know if I need to wait a certain amount of time or not, but they all show unknown status.

In addition, the one open close sensor I have in the unknown state drives a wall outlet/light and that link continues to function properly.

Thanks for any insight into how to get these sensors back online.

Links are stored in devices which is why your light and open/close sensor still works.

​​​​​​ Depending on how many devices you have, they may be out of range to the hub. Does the switch that is linked to the sensor show proper status in the hub?

The heart beat for your sensors may not have activated for them to re-establish communication with your hub. You can activate them by putting the contacts on a piece of metal or wet sponge to see if they talk to the hub (you should test from time to time anyway so now it's a good time). If that doesn't work, it could be arrange issue.

Battery posted devices sleep when not in use. The act of unplugging your hub to move it severed that cinema until the next wake up.
    Last edited by lilyoyo1; 02-11-2018, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Thanks. The door sensor did come back at some point. The leak sensors did not. I had to delete them and re-add them to get them to work. All seems ok now.

Comment

Working...
      X