Insteon swithches dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon swithches dead?

I have two insteon switches that I believe may be dead, but I'm not sure if there's a way to repair or reset.

One of them stopped activating the light a few weeks ago. When the on paddle was pressed, the led bar would quickly ramp, but not turn on the load on. The switch was heavily used.

Sometimes the switch would respond and turn the light on, however this has now stopped too. The LED indicator lights are off and there's no response. If I push the reset button in the bottom LED will turn on, but nothing happens.

Interestingly I had a very infrequently used switch in the same gangbox, so I decided to flip them just to hey the lights working. And now neither of them are working! Both have no LED indicator lights, but light up the bottom LED if I push the reset button.

Has anyone seen this behavior before? For note, theae are now 11 year old Switchlincs.

​​
    Last edited by TomSmith; 02-10-2018, 02:15 PM.

If they don't work manually, then they most likely reached end-of-life. But, try a factory reset anyway. A factory reset requires removing power (pull out the set button until it remains in place for 10 or more seconds and then holding the set button all the way in until the load comes on.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I have had many "end of life" failure with my wall switches. over the years I have spent $450 replacing them. The end of life is not that long. I finally gave up and switched brands. It got old fast!

Comment

If possible, try connecting the switches to a different light or device to see if the issue persists. This will help determine if the problem lies with the switches themselves or with the specific load they were previously connected to.
        haunt the house

Comment

Working...
        X