Remotelinc LED keeps flashing after light on/off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remotelinc LED keeps flashing after light on/off

After I turn on or off a light with the remote linc, more often than not, the LED on the remotelinc would flash continuously for a second or so. Sometimes it just keep flashing non stop forever until I pull out the batteries and put them back. I notice the LED on one of the insteon bridges also flashes (but usually stop after a few seconds). I tried putting the remotelinc closer to the bridge but that doesn't help.
    The light(s) do respond to the on and off commands, but for some reason the remotelinc seems to think they are not responding (hence the LED flashes).
    Any ideas how to fix this?
    I thought insteon would be more reliable than x10.

What are you using to create links/scenes, manually, a Hub, an ISY, software, something else?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I'm assuming you are using the older remotelinc that was discontinued in 2012 and not the mini remotes. As Tfitzpatri8 stated your batteries are either low or it is linked to something that is not responding back to it which implies some type of communication issue.

Insteon is much much more reliable than x10. However, you are you older generation technology which is not as robust newer technology. As with any piece of technology, unfortunately there will be hiccups from time to time

Comment

In my experience since the onset of Insteon. even the oldest Insteon devices are considerable more reliable than X10. That, as lilyoyo1 pointed out, doesn't ensure 100% reliablility.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Right on. I replaced the rechargeable AAA (1.2V) with alkaline batteries (1.5V) and the problem seems to go away. Thanks!
          The reason I used rechargeable was to avoid battery leakage.

Is remotelinc #2440 the one that's been discontinued?

Is there a current remote control that works with rechargeable batteries (eneloop) reliably? It is used in the TV room to turn on/off/dim various lights.

[edit] Never mind. I see a remotelinc 2 (2444) that is rechargeable. I also see that some insteon starter kit no longer includes a remotelinc, which is how I got mine. Instead, it comes with a hub and use your smartphone as a remote.
          Last edited by OnOff; 02-10-2018, 02:26 PM.

Comment

What I also do is just replace the batteries

Comment

Working...
            X