Voise assistants and LED Staus lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voise assistants and LED Staus lights

So I'm surprised there is no talk yet about the newly released Google Home Assistant integration (finally).
    I'm loving it and my first reaction is it's great.....maybe a little bit slower than the Alexa variant.
    This question however is related to just the Google assistant but any or all voice assistants or control outside of the Insteon hardware realm.
    HOW DO I SET UP MY GOOGLE ASSISTANT INTERFACE AS A CONTROLLER?
    Or more to the point (the desired end result) make sure that Insteon knows what the Google assistant has done so the LEDs on switches and dimmers are updated.

Ted

Are you referring to individual devices or scenes? If using the hub, devices should automatically update regardless of what you use.

If you are trying to have scenes updated, then you should control the actual scene with Google home rather than the individual switch that you are trying to control.

Comment

Oh yes so you're right,lilyoyo. I've realised what my problem is, is when I have a linked device. Here is the scenario, my garage has two dimmers, the back door in the house has a 6 button key pad two of which control the previous mentioned dimmers. So the dimmers update through Google Assistant control but the LEDs on the remote 6 button keypad don't.
      Any thoughts
      Ted

Comment

Are you controlling the dimmers individually or the scene that they are attached to?

Comment

Working...
        X