2442-222 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2442-222 question

On the latching switch installation diagram it shows line being split and go to line on the module and to the line terminal on the switch. sense1 connects to the load terminal on the switch. Is that correct. The insteon tech support told me that the sense1 would work if it is connected to load on the switch with nothing connected to the line terminal. Whats correct? If my interpretation is correct I assume sense 1 is not a hot wire.

rkshack

That's correct. Line connects to both the existing standard switch and to the Micro Module (L). The other terminal/screw of the existing switch connects to the yellow sense wire. The load connects to the Micro Module (L1). The Micro Module also requires a neutral wire.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

So with there being two neutral holes on the module is it an option to take the two neutral wires and plug them into the module as opposed to putting a wire from the module and wiring it to the other neutral wires via a wire nut?

Comment

Yes, it is.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

Ok. One last question. I have the module installed and everything seems to be working. One of the sides (the one with the buttons) is warm. I noticed it when I was putting the module into the box after turning the power off. Do I need to be concerned? The other side did not have any heat.

Also the holes for the wires in the module is not very deep. Has anyone else noticed that.
          rkshack

Comment

Nearly all Insteon device feel warm to the touch, even when off. More so with a load. The device should not feel hot or uncomfortable to leave a finger on for a length of time.

Comment

Working...
            X