2477 with two loads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2477 with two loads?

I have a manual switch that I'd like to replace with a 2477, but I'm not sure how to wire it if it's even possible.

I have white, black and copper leads from the supply and the same from each of the two loads. One of the loads needs to be switched by the 2477 and the other needs to be always-on.

Any suggestions?

If you mean that the switch box has three 2-wire cables, then there is an easy solution as follows:
    Connect all the white wires together (including the 2477 white wire). Separately connect all the ground wires together (including the 2477 ground wire). Connect the black wire from the load you want switched to the 24777 red (load) wire. Connect the remaining two black wires to the 2477 black wire.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
    X