Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dimmer Switch V3.1 (1 of 2 no longer controlling lights)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dimmer Switch V3.1 (1 of 2 no longer controlling lights)

Was looking for the manual for the Dimmer Switch V3.1

Have a switch that will no longer control the lights it is attached to.

Noticed the Status LED was at the top on position when the lights were off.

When I tried pressing the switch to the off position the status LED would return to the top on position.

There are two V3.1 switches connected to these lights and they were linked to each other. The other switch still controls the lights.

Not sure if the switch has gone bad or if it has lost its link or programming.

Please advise.

Which model dimmer. There are a few that have the same version number.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

It is a 2476D V2 Dimmer w/ V3.1 small sticker bottom right corner.

Also if I press and hold the switch in the ON position the Status LED lights run from bottom to top.

Furthermore I tried adding the device to Indigo but communication to the device failed. Indigo did however receive the device ID.
      Last edited by InTheDark; 11-13-2017, 04:04 PM.

Comment

This looks like the older revision manual.
        https://smarthome-products.com/produ...76D-Manual.pdf

The one in the manuals section of Insteon.com is for >5.1

Comment

The dimmer is nearly 10 years old. You may want to replace it with an updated dual-band device. But not before trying a factory reset as described in the Owners Manual that BLH provided. Do it twice.
          Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
          Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Thanks for the replys BLH & STUSVIEWS

Did the factory reset to the switch, twice.

The Status LED functions in unison with the paddle but it fails to turn on or off the light.

Still unable to link to other switch on same circuit.

Yes the switch is approximately ten years old. How time passes so very quickly.

Hate to think if the other switches start to malfunction. A costly endeavor to replace them all.

Looking back this switch from time to time had issues staying in sync with the other switch.

Comment

The 2476D uses Insteon Power Line communications. Not Dual Band so it does not also use Insteon RF.
              So if it was always spotty in controlling other things you may have marginal communications.
              Is it the one with the Load on it or the linked one controlling the Load?

From your symptoms. It maybe failing or power line communications is worse.
              If it has the Load on it and can't control it locally. It has issues.

Comment

BLH just before seeing your reply I tried the switch.

Pressed and held down the toggle for a second or two and then pressed and held the toggle up and the lights lit up to 100%. I was also able to dim them down to off.

However I was unable to click the toggle to turn them on or off 100%.

This is or was the linked switch.

Comment

Working...
                X