2-wire Dimmer Light Fixture Glows When Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2-wire Dimmer Light Fixture Glows When Off

I have installed 7 dimmers (2-wire), and all work fine, but there is one that is giving me trouble. When the switch is completely off, the light has a faint glow (similar to other switches at 5%). Is there a way to fix this? One other clue is that all of the working dimmers have either 3-6 recessed lights each, and the one giving me trouble is a single recessed light.

What type of light, incandescent, LED, CFL, other?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

The two wire dimmer steals power through the load and designed for incandescent loads.
      If you are using LED fixtures. The power to keep the switch working. Is enough to make the single fixture glow. The multi-fixture lights may allow the switch to gets its power but not be enough to make them glow.

Comment

Yeah they are dimmable LED (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1). I guess for the single lights I can rewire them with neutral wires so I can use the standard Insteon dimmer. Thanks for the replies!

Comment

Working...
        X