How to Delete 2466 On Level of Zero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Delete 2466 On Level of Zero

While playing with my 2466 Dimmable Switch with the android app, I accidentally ended up with a setting with an on level of OFF. How do we delete saved on levels? I do not see anywhere in the android app where there is a list of on levels. I would hate to uninstall the switch since I have it programmed in a four way with two non dimming switches. That works well until the dimmable switch looses it mind and needs to be reset which is quite often. When I turn the light on with this dimmable switch I get either full on, partial on, or off. Then it cycles around again.

When using the app, you can adjust the On-level from the scene, not the device. A second method is to turn on the device manually and, using a small screwdriver, that the set button once rapidly. BTW, if you tap twice rapidly, then you can set the ramp rate to its fastest speed. See the Owner's Manual for full details.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I do not remember how I programmed the light to turn on with a level of zero. I had no scenes defined at the time. I've since replaced the switch as I was tired of having to reboot it. I deleted the switch from each of the four way controllers, deleted the dimmer from mini remotes, deleted it from the hub, factory reset the four way controllers, installed a new switch, added it to the hub, then created a scene with the switch doing Both Controller and Responder, and the two four way switches being Controllers. Crossing my fingers that it will no longer need to be rebooted by pulling out the set button...

Also created scenes with different on levels to be run during the day. Found out I can only schedule one scene to be running at a time. So I have to redo them in order to turn different sets of lights on and off throughout the day as only one scene may run at a time. Have yet to program one scene to stop and another to start at exactly the same time of day. I expect that to fail.

So I have one dimmer switch that is in a scene with two other switches for a four way setup. Then I have two mini remotes controlling the same dimmer. Plus three scenes setting the dimmer on at a level for a given time of day. To get those scenes to work correctly I first had to add the dimmer switch as Both a Controller and a Responder. Then save the scene. Then edit the scene to make the dimmer switch just a Responder.

If I created a scene by adding a dimmer as a responder only with no controller the Android app hung up. Cancelling the app resulted in a Scene with no devices that I could not delete. I did delete it but do not remember how. I might have selected scenes, selected the scene with no devices in it, hit plus to expand it, then hit edit this, then delete?

Comment

Working...
      X