Interference from Wii U?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interference from Wii U?

I've been using ToggleLinc swiches in my basement for many years and never had a problem. Recently, I bought a Wii U and have noticed that when I have it on, I am unable to communicate with the ToggleLinc switches. It seems that the impact is localized because ToggleLinc switches elsewhere in the house are not impacted. When the Wii U is off, communication to the ToggleLincs are fine. I have other game consoles and they don't cause any issues.

I've researched the Wii U and see that the Miracast protocol uses 5GHz which is no where close to the frequency of the ToggleLinc switches use (915MHz), so signal interference doesn't seem likely on paper. I'm thinking perhaps the Wii U is just creating so much EMF that's its jamming the signal? Is anyone else having this issue?

Plug the Wii U power adapter into a FilterLinc.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Originally posted by stusviews View Post
      Plug the Wii U power adapter into a FilterLinc.

Thanks. I already have the Wii U plugged in to a FilterLinc. I'm suspecting the issue is RF interference through the air, not on the wire. I've searched on the Internet and found that other RF products are also negatively impacted by a Wii U.

Comment

I am still not got proper solution. www.tellculvers.com
        Last edited by Theodorabenedetto; 09-29-2022, 09:47 PM.

Comment

That was a great and thanks for sharing that. HRBlock
          Last edited by Constancehosley; 12-01-2022, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X