Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to kill the "off" LED on the 6 button keypadlinc procedure (not in manual)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to kill the "off" LED on the 6 button keypadlinc procedure (not in manual)

So I have like 3 keypads in our bedrooms. On the 6 button keypad, even if u follow the A-D press then dim to zero procedure for the LEDs, the problem is that the OFF button is illuminated if the load is OFF, which is quite bright and disturbs sleepers, especially with multiple keypads.

I got this procedure from Insteon support, who told me it isn't in the manual:
    To kill that, do as follows:
    press hold OFF button for 10 seconds. release after the beep.
    press hold OFF for 5 seconds. release after the beep.
    press hold OFF for 5 seconds again. release after the beep.

Now the OFF led will not be lit when the connected load is off. I think if you do this again, you toggle it back on. Same thing holds for the ON button too I think.

Hope this helps someone with the same issue.

Earlier device manuals included those instructions. You are correct, the same procedure is used to turn the Off LED back on.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I was installing custom buttons on a KPL and while popping off the old buttons I damaged one of frame that the button snaps onto. Bummer! The button works but one corner is not snapped down. Is that repairable w/o having to get a new KPL?

Comment

Working...
      X