New switch faulty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New switch faulty?

I have installed, uninstalled, moved and reinstalled a dozen or so Insteon products install through my house. So I am familiar with how it all should work.

I just bought three on/off switches 2477s. Installed all three in the same 3-gang box, I turned the breaker back on and switches 1 and 3 come on and off together. I tried pulling out the link switch on the bottom to reset the device to no avail, I trying connecting them all to the hub, and that is not different. all though if I turn them on in the app only the correct one turn on not both or vice versa. I have had the switches installed completely on loose like the photo, I have disconnected all of them and put them back together and nothing. So I am pretty sure it is not faulty connection.I have even tried switching the load on switch 2 with 3 and that makes no difference so it isn't some weird back feed through load 1 or 3 to the other switch. Any ideas of things to try and troubleshoot please let me know.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

It could be they have test links in them and you may not have done the Factory Reset completely.

Did you follow the Factory Reset procedure in the full manual?
    http://cache.insteon.com/documentation/2477S-en.pdf

If you did not hold the Set Button all the way in. Until the long beep stops. It didn't Factory Reset.
    Last edited by BLH; 03-25-2018, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Solved. Thank you. I had it in my head that just the 10-second air gap was enough for the factory reset. The real amusing part of it is that these switches were bought a year apart. it was the one on the right vs the one on the left. and they even have different revisions so I'm willing to guess they were never linked back in the factory as a test.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

The labels all show the same hardware revision V7.2
        Two of the three are Date Code 2717 and the other one not too clear in photo 1017or 1817. All are in 2017.
        The six digit Insteon ID is assigned in manufacture. Two are 49 and one 46. That should have no effect on their age just a new sequence of ID numbers.

Comment

Working...
        X