Synchronized states across linked keypads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Synchronized states across linked keypads

Hi I just paired 3 dimming keypads and thought when I press the off button on anyone of the keypads, the other 2 keypads will have the off button lit as well. However this isn't the case and is somewhat confusing because you end up with 2 keypads having the On button lit but the light is off. Same thing for the other keys on the keypad. Anyway the keypads buttons can be synchronized?

All devices should be in the same scene as both a controller and a responder.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Okay I added all the devices into an "On Scene" and the same devices into an "Off Scene" but because I can't find the way to link them on the Insteon Windows App I did the link physically on the devices. Would it work this way? Can you provide some steps on how to setup both as a controller and a resopnder for the same button to keep the buttons synchronized?

Comment

Yes, you can link devices manually. Full instructions are in the on-line Owner's Manual.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
        X