Moved Keypad To Different Location & Still Controls Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moved Keypad To Different Location & Still Controls Light

I originally had my 8-Keypad dimmer (2334-222) installed in my laundry room. It was linked with an another dimmer (2477D) for a 3-way configuration. For what ever reason I decided to move the Keypad & move it to the other side of the wall. That switch controls 4 wall sconces & is also in a 3-way configuration. I tried replacing both switches but I couldn't get this to work. The on/off button on the keypad would control my laundry room light. I assume this is because it was sill linked with the other switch in the laundry room. Now I just saw that these switch can be reset. It appears that just de-energizing these switches will not reset them. I guess makes sense in the event of a power failure. I ended up putting the old switches back in to get the lights working again. Has anyone else encountered a similar issue. I am afraid there might a wiring issue somewhere between switches & wall sconces.

Links/scenes remain no matter where you relocate the switch. The device doesn't know where it's installed. You need to change the scenes that you created to change what the device does.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
    X