Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add scene to key

hi
    ive got an 8 keypad, and i would like to know if its possible to set up an scene combining 2 or
    more lights

Sure. Create a scene with the button as a controller and the lights as responders. Optionally, set the On-level and ramp rate for the responders if they're dimmers.

Note: a button can control one and only one scene, but a scene can have many controllers.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Do i have to create the scene using the app? How do i link the scene to the keypad?

Comment

The on-line Owner's Manual has instructions for creating scenes, depending on what you use as an Insteon manager to create scenes, manually or an Insteon Hub. Or are you using something else to create scenes.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Yes, im reading this http://cache.insteon.com/pdf/2486D.pdf, but i cant find the way of creating the scene using sofrware and linking to the button

Comment

It all depends on what you are using. The more information you provide about your set-up, the more assistance you can receive.

There are different insteon controllers. If you go controller's webpage that you are using you would find the manual for that. It will then give you the instructions for linking and creating scenes

Comment

Im using the app to create scenes, but i cant find the way of
              1) Create the scene
              2) Link the scene to the keypad button

Thanks!
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Are them new models? Or just the homekit are the ones that cant link using software?

Comment

But can i link one button to more than one controller?

Comment

You can link over 400 Insteon devices at varying states to any controller.

We would need to know what controller/software you are using so the group can advise.

Comment

Originally posted by tabithdi1992
                      How do i link the scene to the keypad?
                      What controller do you have? Like HUB or ISY994i. Or do you want to do it with just the local Set Buttons on the modules?

Comment

They use different implementations so knowing what you are working with helps us give the right information.

Homekit only sees the load button (Button A) of the keypad so you would need to link the rest of the buttons manually, if that is what you are using. The Hub and ISY are easier in this regard since they have the ability to link to all the buttons on a keypad.

The manual link of a keypad is pretty easy.
                        1. Set all the lights, that you want to link to the button, to whatever state you want them in, e.g. on, off, 75%, a combination, etc...
                        2. Go to the keypad and tap the button you want to use to control everything until the button is lit up. (if it is On, tap it Off, then tap it On again)
                        3. Press and hold the set button on the keypad until it beeps at you and let go to put it into linking mode. Usually three seconds. (The led should be steadily flashing)
                        4. Tap the set button one time This just tells the keypad that you are going to add more than one device. (The led should be doing a heart-beat blink)
                        5. Go to each device that will be controlled by the button and press each of their set buttons down until they beep at you. Usually three seconds.
                        6. After you do this to all the devices you want to control from the button, go back to the keypad and press the button.

It should now control all those lights.

If you are using something other then Homekit let us know.

Comment

Working...
                        X