X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No luck unlinking keypad and switch, no scenes

A dimmable switch and keypad I am not having any luck unlinking:

1. 6 button dimmable keypad.
    The ON button controls just one set of ceiling lights, and turn them on to 100%. These lights (and the ON button are members of other scenes).
    This button is a member of 4 scenes.
    A, B, and C buttons all control scenes

2. Dimmable wall switch.
    This is supposed to control just one set of pendant lights, and turn them on to 50%. It does not control a scene.
    This switch is a member of 8 scenes.

Current situation:
    When the ceiling lights are on (1),
    if I either: turn on the pendant lights (2), turn off the pendant lights (2), or turn the pendant lights on brighter (2)...,
    The ceiling lights will turn off (1). These lights should remain on.
    The backlight for the ON button on the keypad will remain lit when turning on or off the pendant lights.

I have tried every combination of:
    Both keypad/switch on, both off, and one on and the other off, and then
    pressing the set button on either until the beep and is green and let go, pressing again until beep and is red,
    And then go to the other device and press the set button until it beeps.

No luck - the current situation stays as is.

Is there something I am doing wrong with the unlinking process?
    Thank you-

I am using the Insteon Hub.
    The ceiling lights are connected to the keypad (formerly was just a simple non-Insteon switch), and the pendant lights were connected to a simple switch. These aren't Insteon bulbs.
    I had my old switches/dimmers replaced with Insteon (throughout the house). I'm not sure what the Micro Module or InLineLinc are.
    Basically these were installed and I am using them just as I did the non-Insteon switches (that existed before the keypad and switch). I use the iPhone to set up scenes (or do manually since the Insteons have never worked that well with the iPhone scenes).

Comment

Working...
    X