Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to increase the 'delta' in key backlight output?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to increase the 'delta' in key backlight output?

I would like to have the LED's in the keypad turn completely off when off, and full brightness when on, effectively increasing the contrast.

Currently, it only appears that I can set the backlight brightness down very low, which gives me 'off', but then the LED's are relatively dim when on. Turning up the brightness setting results in a partial glow to the keys even when off.

Is there some way to tweak this, or am I missing something?

Using current generation 6 button keypad Linc, and Hub2 (non pro) with iOS app.

An ISY allows that.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Thanks. I listed my in-use hardware.

Any options that don't require an additional $200 hardware purchase?

Comment

Not with what you have.

FYI: most members try to help you based on the information you provide. If what you have will not work then they will point you to what will.

Comment

The Owner's Manual describes how to change the LED brightness, but that affects both the On and Off brightness concurrently. If you want to adjust them separately, you need something more powerful than what you have. Anything that allows that includes much, much more. There is not an app that has only that specific feature.

Try to buy a new car that has rear speakers, but not front speakers or an A/C, but not a heater.
          Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
          Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
          X