6-button keypad backlight flash/blink over and over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6-button keypad backlight flash/blink over and over

Starting the other day, a few of the 6-button keypads in my home starting flashing, seemingly at random every couple of minutes.
    I have not changed anything in regards to INSTEON or the rest of the house (no changes to other home products, electric wiring, etc.). These issues seemly have appeared out of the blue.

Pattern:
    OFF button backlight turns off
    OFF button backlight blinks,
    All of the buttons backlight blink at the same time
    Again all of the buttons backlight blink at the same time
    then it seems to go back to "normal" with the OFF button backlight tuned ON

Also, some lights controlled by these keypads go on and off at random.

It seems that if I turn a light on that is triggered by one of the Keypads, that the light will blink on and off.
    If the light is left off, however, it won't turn on and off.
    Other lights in the house when turned on seem to turn off for just a split second, but remain on.

The non-insteon lights do no exhibit the same behavior of flashing on and off to our knowledge (though most of the house is on insteon switches).

I have tried:
    - pulling out tab on keypad for 10 seconds, pushing back in (didn't help)
    - pulling out tab on keypad for 10 seconds, pushing back in and hold until hear beep, and keep holding until beep stops, then releasing
    No change to behavior. A couple of minutes later, the entire keypad flashes again.

The hub is model 2242-222. It is plugged directly into a wall outlet (not a powerstrip or filter)
    Thank you-
    Last edited by someinsteonquestions; 10-05-2015, 09:12 AM.

http://forum.universal-devices.com/t...ulsating-leds/
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
    X