Hard reset not workin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard reset not workin

hello folks. My initial deployment had the home link software. Then I upgraded to a hub. I eventually made all scenes and devices hard synced together. At some point I sent a direct command to my kitchen keypad, to button D, in an attempt to tell it never to light. I was attempting to make D turn off all local lights. Zoom ahead I want to make D control cabinet lights. I tried the air gap. When complete the keypad still controls a-kitchen table, b-kitchen dresser, c-kitchen aux. what am I doing wrong with the hard reset? Also can someone remind me how on earth I sent a direct insteon command to never light to this device?

A direct command affects only that particular paddle/button. not any of its links. If you ant to control more than a single device or button. then you must control the scene that has all the devices as members.

To set a device to be unlit, adjust the on-level to 0 (zero).

BTW, do you mean that you had HouseLinc. Homelink is an entirely different product usually installed in automobiles.
    Last edited by stusviews; 09-08-2015, 08:05 PM.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Stusviews: yeah I meant HouseLinc
      TFitzpatri: yeah I re-read the docs. Looks like I need to do an air gap, then push and hold it in to do a real factory reset. That explains why it did nothing.

Comment

Working...
      X