How to manage two different rooms via 2732-432 (EU) Wireless thermostats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to manage two different rooms via 2732-432 (EU) Wireless thermostats

I found that "Insteon for Hub" app doesn't support temperature management (monitor, set temp) based on a SINGLE wireless thermostat linked to a Micro ON/OFF module. Should add a WIRED thermostat linked to Micro ON/OFF switch in order to let it show temps on app.
    My question is: do I need to "double" the above scenario (i.e. two wired, two wireless thermos, two micros ON/OFF) in order to manage TWO seperate rooms, both from the "Insteon for Hub" app? (I'm Swiss, so using EU INSTEON devices).
    ​Is there a different solution?
    Thanx a lot.

Which of the three different Hub's are you using?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Hub+ version 4.8A Build Feb 08 2013. The one that's sold in Europe.

Comment

No devices at all need to be linked to the wireless thermostat in order to manage temperature etc. However, the Hub+ does not support battery powered devices at this time.

http://www.insteon.com/support-knowl...s-with-insteon
        Last edited by stusviews; 11-04-2015, 07:49 PM.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

Sorry stusviews, I don't understand.
          You said "the Hub+ does not support battery powered devices at this time", but in Europe we don't have Insteon+ app (as for your link). We have "Insteon for Hub" app v1.8.5 (193).
          Both "Insteon for Hub" and 2242-422 Hub+ do support 2732-432 battery powered wireless thermostat acting as a controller of a micro ON/OFF switching an 230Vac single-phase two-wires fan-coil.
          I can manage temperature manually on the 2732-432, BUT no way by using the "Insteon for Hub" app. That's why we need to use 2732-422 wired thermostat.
          So, in order to manage fan-coils:
          • 2732-432 wireless thermostat (controller) could manage temperatures manually if linked to a micro ON/OFF (responder) → NO WAY to manage temps via "Insteon for Hub" app.
          • 2732-432 wireless thermostat (set as Master) and 2732-422 wired thermostat (controller) could manage temperatures via app if linked to a micro ON/OFF (responder).
          In summary, the condition to manage n fan-coils via app is using n (wireless_thermo + wired_thermo + micromodules) ?
          Isn't it?

Comment

The 2243-222 Hub and 234-222 Hub are not released in a EU version yet.
            You are correct on saying you have our older 2242 Hub with EU specifications.

Comment

Thanx BLH. Until now, the 2242-422 Hub+ is the only one available in EU (http://www.insteon.eu/global-products.html).
              My question, based on the above considerations, is: the condition to manage n fan-coils via app is to use n [wireless_thermo + wired_thermo + micromodules] ?

Comment

I don't know the answer. I do not use any model HUB.
                I do have an ISY994i to run my system. Unfortunately at the present time. There is no EU model PLM to interface it to the world.

Comment

The 2242 Hub is different from the Hub+. In any case, the wireless thermostat does not need to be linked to any other device to be controllable from the original Hub.

Comment

stusviews the problem seems to be related to the "Insteon for Hub" app, not the Hub+. The only way (I found) to read, monitor and manage temps of a two-wires fan-coil via smartphone app is to use the triplet [wireless_thermo + wired_thermo + micromodules].
                    Isn't it?
                    Last edited by ulampert; 11-07-2015, 06:30 AM.

Comment

I have a few wireless thermostats that I use only to monitor temperature and humidity via a Hub. They are not linked to anything. I also have one wireless thermostat linked only to a SwitchLinc On/Off Module.

I also have a wireless thermostat linked to a wired thermostat. The wired thermostat is not linked to anything, only wired to the HVAC.

Comment

I really appreciated your efforts, I understand it's difficult to replicate INSTEON EU scenarios, but I didn't received answer to my questions. What you suggest, should I ask directly to Insteon Europe? Do you kindly let me know some technical reference to contact? Thanx a lot.

Comment

There is no difference in the functionality of US and European device, only the frequencies. I don't need to link anything to the thermostat, you shouldn't either. I don't have a European number, but the technical reference is the on-line Owner's Manual.

Comment

Originally posted by ulampert View Post
                            I found that "Insteon for Hub" app doesn't support temperature management (monitor, set temp) based on a SINGLE wireless thermostat linked to a Micro ON/OFF module. Should add a WIRED thermostat linked to Micro ON/OFF switch in order to let it show temps on app.
                            My question is: do I need to "double" the above scenario (i.e. two wired, two wireless thermos, two micros ON/OFF) in order to manage TWO seperate rooms, both from the "Insteon for Hub" app? (I'm Swiss, so using EU INSTEON devices).
                            ​Is there a different solution?
                            Thanx a lot.
                            Room1) one wired thermostat if u want to control hvac in that room or fanlinc or micro module if fanlinc is not available to u but u loose speed control of the fan.
                            Room 2) wireless thermostat and connect it to the wired via rf. Then couple it with micro module or fanlinc.
                            Then u will be able to see both temps via the app because the wireless thermostat will transmit the information via rf to the wired thermostat then to ur app.
                            PS: connect the wireless thermostat to an external power supply to get realtime temps. Otherwise it will run on batteries. And will send data only upon temp changes.
                            Please anyone correct if I said anything wrong.

Comment

Room1) one wired thermostat if u want to control hvac in that room or fanlinc or micro module if fanlinc is not available to u but u loose speed control of the fan.
                              Room 2) wireless thermostat and connect it to the wired via rf. Then couple it with micro module or fanlinc.
                              Then u will be able to see both temps via the app because the wireless thermostat will transmit the information via rf to the wired thermostat then to ur app.
                              PS: connect the wireless thermostat to an external power supply to get realtime temps. Otherwise it will run on batteries. And will send data only upon temp changes.
                              Please anyone correct if I said anything wrong.
                              GREAT Moustafa! Thank you so much! I'll use the triplet [wireless_thermo + wired_thermo + micromodule] 'cause the fanlinc is not yet available in Europe.
                              Thanx Moustafa

Comment

Working...
                              X