The app doesn't communicate with the wireless thermostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The app doesn't communicate with the wireless thermostat

I have added a Wireless thermostat (2732-432) through the Insteon hub app. The Device is added, but stays in an unknown state. When I use Houselinc the thermostat Works as expected. The Houselinc can Control the thermostat and get measures from it. The Insteon hub (2242-442) and Devices is EU-models.

​I have also added a dimmer switch to the Insteon app. The dimmer works as expected.

​Am I doing anything wrong?

Which app, iOS, Android, Windows? Which revision of the app? of the OS?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Windows 8.1 App used to add Thermostat and check thermostat
      appver 1.1.8
      OS Windows 8.1 (6.3.9600.16384)

​I have also tried to check thermostat from Windows Phone 8.1 (appver 2.0.0) and iPhone 5 (iOS 8.1.1 appver 1.9.4)

Comment

I, too, have experienced some difficulty with the Windows app. Sometimes the settings are displayed and sometimes not.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I am having the same error, on the same scenario. EURROPEAN-HUB, Android-App, Wireless Thermostat...no temperature is showed on the thermostat and I cannot modify the thermostat regulation from the mobile-app.
          http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-...ased-on-a-temp

The thermostat is linked to a micro-ON/OFF and it is working fine, but is completely unreachable from the APP point of view.
          Note that the Wireless thermostat, in my house, is the only thermostat I have. No wired thermostat installed.

Comment

Add me to this group, though I was more under the impression that wireless (battery powered) devices push data more than actively receive?

Comment

Hi. Did this issue get resolved. I have same issue. Thermostat. 2732-432. It seems intermittent. App just does not register the settings, although I have seen them. I seen another post that the hub cant poll if the thermostat is only battery driven. Is this the answer ?, thermostat goes to sleep if left untouched - not much good if Im not at home. Any update on the issue much appreciated

Comment

Yep. Tried it just after the post. Used an old iphone usb cable and charger. Works an absolute treat, although by taking the batteries out I lost the control setup so that I need to re-do the control parameters for two plug in units ( heater and pump). I thought that would be in the hub. C’est la vie

Comment

PS. Thanks for confirmation ......

Comment

Working...
                  X