Heat pump calibration issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heat pump calibration issues

I've had my new Thermostat wired up and running for a week now but I have noticed a bothersome trend. I Noticed early on that the temp reading on the Thermostat was higher than a couple of other sources and so looked into the calibration procedure in the manual. I went through the procedure and was able to adjust the temp reading to be more in line with other sources but what seems to be happening is that after I adjust the temp, wether it be up or down, the A/C will kick on (if it needs to) and will run but its like the temp never gets to the point that it will turn the AC off. Say I have my cut off point set to 71*, the AC will run andt the thermostat will eventually read 71* but it never turns off. The other sources will read several degrees below the cut off point while the them stays at 71*. BUT, at some point it did cut off last night because, this morning for instance, i wake up and its warm in the house, not HOT just warmer than 71*. I look at the thermostat and it still reads 71* but the other thermometer I have sitting with it read 76* and the AC did not turn on!? I have a feeling I mucked something up by accident somewhere and feel i should do a factory reset to see if this fixes the issue. Anyone experience this before? It seems like the calibration isn't taking....I have come home and seen that the temp reading is much warmer than other sources and so have adjusted it down and vice versa. Its almost like the reading stays at whatever temp i calibrate it to and causes the ac to either not turn on or off. Having trouble describing it.
Working...
X