Wiring issue with new 2732-242

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring issue with new 2732-242

I have installed the Insteon 2732-242 according to the diagram to a Waterfurnace Premier 2 Geothermal heating and cooling system. When I turn on the cooling setting the fan kicks on but only blows ambient air. I have attached pics of the wiring of the previous thermostat and the wiring at the furnace. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.

Which specific Honeywell thermostat?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Hi, It was a Honeywell Model T8511G I found a manual but it all looks like hieroglyphics to me.
      https://customer.honeywell.com/resou...0s/69-0927.pdf

Comment

Your wiring seems OK. You may want to try adjusting the reverse valve function as described in the Owner's Manual.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

Okay so I discovered how Ignorant in this area I am. The wiring to the pums is what I included in the pictures. However...drrr.the wire goes to the furnace first. When I compare the wiring in the furnace to the thermostat I am missing one wire. The Brown wire has no location on the new thermostat. Did I get the wrong thermostat again? I the 2732-242 can be wired for this furnace then where would I place the Brown at the thermostat? BTW Thank you for your time!
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

The Insteon thermostat does not have a connection for "equipment monitor." Did you try the reverse valve function?

Comment

Yes, yes I was able to follow the instreuctions and make the switch and the A/C is still blowing room temperature air.

Comment

You may want to try reinstalling the original thermostat and disconnecting the brown wire (L) to see if that makes a difference.

Comment

Working...
                X