No announcement yet.

Insteon 2441TH thermostat 5 wire connect to Honeywell furnace and central AC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon 2441TH thermostat 5 wire connect to Honeywell furnace and central AC

My existing Honeywell thermostat is connected to the furnace/AC via 4 wires, but the cable itself is a 5 wire cable. The blue wire is just unused in this current configuration. How should I connect my new 2441TH thermostat to the furnace using the 5 wires? I have attached a picture of the furnace/AC wiring. Thank you for any assistance.

furnace.jpg
    Attached Files

Connect the blue wire to terminal C, the same terminal that has a purple wire. Leave the purple wire in place. At the thermostat connect the blue wire to 24CON, red to 24R, white to W1, yellow to Y1 and green to G.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Thank you very much for the quick reply. Works like a charm.

Comment

Working...
      X