Problems with Alexa Setting Temp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with Alexa Setting Temp

80% of the time when I say "Alexa set main thermostat to 80°" or something like that I get the response "Sorry, main thermostat isn't responding". The other 20% of the time it works and says "The heat's set to 80". It works 100% of the time using the Insteon app. The weird thing is after I get an error using Alexa I will use the Insteon app to turn on the heat, and then Alexa works consistently for the next few hours.

Do you have a dual-band device installed near the thermostat?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

There is an insteon dimmer 1 foot below the thermostat, and 4 other dual band devices (siren, 6 button control panel, and 2 dimmers) within 6 feet.

The insteon app works to control the thermostat 100% of the time. It is only Alexa that has issues, and once I use the Insteon app first, Alexa works for the next few hours.

Comment

Hey byoung2; I've just come across this now and I'm having a similar issue.

Comment

So I don't know if it's a bug or just a bad design, but there doesnt seem to be a way to turn on heating or cooling with alexa, only changing the temp. So you have to turn on heating or cooling using the app or the thermostat and then Alexa works. If that's the design then instead of saying "not responding" it should say "please turn on heat or cool using the app and then you can use Alexa to change the temp"

Comment

Working...
          X