Temperature not reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temperature not reading

When I selected the Wired Thermostat in the Insteon app on my iPhone the temperature does not show. I have tried removing the device and when it says to press Reset nothing happens. Even when it was working reading the temperature on the iPhone was very slow.

How do I get the temperature to show in the app? Should I try replacing the thermostat with another Insteon device or get another brand that is faster? Even when it worked when in the house it was faster to walk to the unit then wait for the app to show the temperature.

Insteon thermostat model 2441TH using the Insteon app on an iPhone 8 Plus.

Comment

Would replacing X-10 switches with Insteon on-off switches improve communication between the thermostat and the hub?

https://www.smarthome.com/insteon-sw...te-5-pack.html

Comment

I moved the hub closer to the thermostat and the app is now showing data. Thanks.

Comment

That suggest that any dual-band Insteon device placed between the thermostat and the Hub (in it's original location) should work, too.
          Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
          Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
          X