2441v Adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2441v Adapter

I recently purchased the T1700 Venstar thermostat and 2441V adapter, connected to Hub pre 2014. I've been told buy support that I am not able to change temp. via my smatphone because there is a bug with the software. This is unacceptable! I spent over $150 just to have my temp displayed on my smartphone??? I'm been and insteon customer for over 5 years now and use it extensively on my summer home. This is the first time I have been aggravated with this company.
    Anybody else have this problem??

Originally posted by bmarino View Post
    I recently purchased the T1700 Venstar thermostat and 2441V adapter, connected to Hub pre 2014. I've been told buy support that I am not able to change temp. via my smatphone because there is a bug with the software. This is unacceptable! I spent over $150 just to have my temp displayed on my smartphone??? I'm been and insteon customer for over 5 years now and use it extensively on my summer home. This is the first time I have been aggravated with this company.
    Anybody else have this problem??

Can you say that again?

Using the HUB v2 you have no ability to change the temperature settings via the App?
    Teken . . .

Comment

The pre 2014 Hub is not v2, it's the original Hub. iOS allows changes.
      Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
      Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Originally posted by stusviews View Post
        The pre 2014 Hub is not v2, it's the original Hub. iOS allows changes.
        There were the HUB v1, HUB v2, HUB II. So if its the pre 2014 that would be HUB v2, no?
        Teken . . .

Comment

I also remember two called a HUB. The original HUB had real issues and a upgraded HUB was then released. I believe swapped to the original HUB owners.
          I don't remember if the two original HUBs where called v1 and v2.

Comment

The original Hub (2242) did not change its name when the second version was released. The current Hub (2245) was sometimes referred to as Hub II and sometimes as Hub 2. Now it's back to being just a Hub.
            Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

That is correct, I am unable to change temp. I am however able to change modes, off, heat, cool, auto, fan.
              Support told me its a bug in the app. Hard to believe.
              Let me add the hub is the original not the one released in 2014. And I am using the droid app.
              Last edited by bmarino; 01-10-2015, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bmarino View Post
                That is correct, I am unable to change temp. I am however able to change modes, off, heat, cool, auto, fan.
                Support told me its a bug in the app. Hard to believe.
                Let me add the hub is the original not the one released in 2014. And I am using the droid app.
                I would in the interim send a message via the App and inform them of this bug. This is the most direct method to get the information to the Dev team.

NOTE: I also recall for a very short period the Smartlinc style body device which was modified to act like a HUB. Not sure where that falls under the HUB family.

So the historic release as I recall it was HUB v1 which did not offer dual band and also had issue and was quickly pulled this was the v1. This was the same time the SmartLinc style body HUB came out and then went away it was sold at Best Buys. Then the HUB v2 came out this is the most common one which is dual band that most of the folks have.

Now in 2014 it was the HUB II $39.99 (square body) which has been referenced in all (past) adverts. Now, we have the pending HUB Pro in two months which supports Apples Home Kit going for $149.99.

People may refer to the HUB II as v2 but this is not correct.

If people are counting it would be HUB v3, and the now up coming HUB Pro would be v4. Not sure where the Smartlinc body HUB would fall into though as it lived for about nine months and went poof!
                Teken . . .

Comment

I would buy the newest hub if I could get confirmation that the temp app would work. I have way too much invested in this system to give up now.

Comment

I was reviewing the manual but do I need another device to control the temperature? I have a hub, venstar T1700 w/ adapter and my droid app.

Comment

I am having the same issue, I can turn the dial as if I was changing the temp on my t-stat but it doesn't stay to what I turn it to.. it's a little frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by NCRick18 View Post
                        I am having the same issue, I can turn the dial as if I was changing the temp on my t-stat but it doesn't stay to what I turn it to.. it's a little frustrating.
                        Does the thermostat change and revert immediately or after some time? If after some time, the how much later?

Comment

Originally posted by NCRick18 View Post

As I suggested to the other member you should first use the App and file a report to the Dev team. This way they can see and track there is a need and a bug needs to be squished.

Follow up with an e-mail to the support alias and express the same so the main support line can see and track this issue. I have not read one time of any member doing this so don't really expect a resolution if no one is willing to try to get it on the radar.

*If its to be . . . Its up to me!*
                          Teken . . .

Comment

Stusviews,
                            To answer your question, you can change the temp, but it doesn't matter how long you leave it at that set temp, when you come back to it, its back to where it was before.
                            Very hard to work with support when the entire system is sitting at vacation home 900 miles away. I did have an old droid laying around that was running v1.6.2 and that version WORKED.
                            I have submitted a support via app. My guess is they fixed this new version for Nest and broke it for Insteon Thermostat.

Comment

NCrick18,
                              Go to amazon and download version 1.6.2, remove 1.7.2. It works!

Comment

Working...
                              X