IO Linc INSTEON High and Low Temperature Threshold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IO Linc INSTEON High and Low Temperature Threshold

The High and Low Temperature Threshold device is no longer available. I use Insteon equipment to monitor various cottages and residences. Insteon has told me they do not have an ETA on when they will have more of these devices. Is there any other way I can monitor temperature at my cottage? I do have a Wired Insteon thermostat there, I just don't see how I can set a threshold and have it alert me via email or Text message when a low freezing threshold is met. Its getting close to winter, Is there any other device from Insteon I can use? Or should I have to look outside of Insteon for this type of functionality?
    Thanks in advance...

I have the same need. I have a wireless thermostat and want to get an alert if the temperature drops below a certain temperature. Any suggestions how to do this?

Comment

pschmidt, Stanhowa, what are you using to manage your Insteon network, a Hub, software. an ISY, something else?
      Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
      Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I have just the basic hub that came with the home kit. I would like to get an alert if the temp falls below 40 degrees in my cabin. I have just the wireless thermostat and plan to connect a 5v power supply.

Comment

The Hub is not capable of conditional statements. But, you can set the thermostat to turn on heat (even if it's not connected to anything) and get a notice when heat is called for.
          Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
          Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
          X