Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supported Air Conditioners

Hi,

I want to buy a air conditioner and a Insteon Thermostat.

The insteon thermostat integrates with the air conditioner system to set the target temperature and the fan speed?

If yes, what model of air conditioner should I buy to have a nice integration?

How can I know if an air conditioner model can be controlled by the Insteon Thermostat?

Do you mean a whole house A/C or window unit?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Originally posted by stusviews View Post
      Do you mean a whole house A/C or window unit?
      Here in Brazil the most common type is the split air conditioner. I will need 2 of then. It is like this: http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/search/sear...questid=627605 We have a lot of options, and i dont know how to check if the device is compatible.

Comment

Yes, you can control that AC using INSTEON. You will need:

1 wireless INSTEON thermostat
        1 On/Off Module

and also set the AC to be on all the time.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I`m trying to avoid on/off module...
          I`m looking for something more inteligente, that can send signals to the air conditioner to set the target temperature, turn on/off the fan speed, etc...

Comment

If Insteon can't offer devices that can control air conditioner single split device, then what is the Insteon recommendation? What device is possible to integrate with Insteon equipment to control air conditioner single split units?

Comment

Working...
            X