Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Else Can You Do With a 2441TH Thermostat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Else Can You Do With a 2441TH Thermostat?

I received a 2441TH Thermostat for Christmas - in anticipation of connecting it to the AC on the new home I was buying. Unfortunately, the 2441TH Thermostat won't work with the AC unit in my new home.

Not one to throw stuff away, it's too late to return it to the store, etc. What else could I use a 2441TH Thermostat to do?

call tech support they should be able to help you . i don't see why it is not compatible......or sell it on cl or take it to tiger direct they will give you store credit ..or i can offer you 50 buck shipped. and i will use it or sell it .

Comment

The sales page indicates. If you have a Heat Pump type system. It will not work.
      Do you have any Insteon Interfaces like a HUB or UDI ISY994i?

Comment

The person who gave me the thermostat for Christmas didn't know what type of AC I was buyng with my new home in May. Yes, it is a Carrier hybrid heat pump system. The heat pump is augmented with electric heat. The AC controls a two stage compressor. The AC will kick on the full compressor when a large temperature change (>5 degrees) is needed.

Yes, I do have the Insteon Hub. I use it to monitor motion in certain areas, check for water leaks around my water heaters, and control about 25 light switches and dimmers. The Hub is adequate, but I wish I could use the sunrise/sunset timers in more than one "scene" for each. For example, some things I want to come at a certain time in the morning and go off at daylight. Some other things I want to go on at dark and off at a certain time. Also there are things that I want to come on at dark and go off at daylight. I can't do these three things with the Hub. I know there are other Insteon controllers, but I don't want to tie up a PC just to be a light controller... But I digress.

In a nutshell, what would I need to make my Carrier AC heat pump unit be monitor-able and controllable over the internet? Something from Insteon to use with my existing 2441TH Thermostat? Someting else altogether?
        Last edited by lmco_eng; 05-15-2014, 08:18 AM.

Comment

I had the same problem as you do. Bought the Insteon tata and had it hooked up and learned first winter that it was not heat pump compatible. Big goof on Insteons development team. Most all the lower 48 uses heat pumps, so why would they build a tstat with that capability. I ended up going with Venstar T1900's and the Insteon adapters. Love them and i would much prefer the Venstar or the Insteon tstat.

Comment

Using an external power supply, you can use the thermostat as a temperature sensitive device to control any INSTEON responder, for example, a FanLinc.
            Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
            Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

My thermostat resets the heat setting on its own. It is in auto mode with the heat set to 73. Randomly, it will reset the heat to 71 degrees without me being near the unit. I live in a condo, and no one else has Insteon control in my building.
              Also, how do I allow my thermostat to operate my emergency electric heat?

Comment

Originally posted by e.vancor View Post
                My thermostat resets the heat setting on its own. It is in auto mode with the heat set to 73. Randomly, it will reset the heat to 71 degrees without me being near the unit. I live in a condo, and no one else has Insteon control in my building.
                Also, how do I allow my thermostat to operate my emergency electric heat?
                The 2441TH is not heat pump compatible. The2732-242 is the correct thermostat for a heat pump.
                Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

That"s the one I have

Comment

Is the thermostat set to Heat, Auto or Auto Program?

Comment

Working...
                    X