MS With Missing and Unknown Address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS With Missing and Unknown Address

I have a 2420M motion sensor that the address sticker has fallen off of. HOW DO I LINK THIS? Running ISY 994 controller.

Select the Start Linking icon (rotating arrows) and follow the instructions that pop up.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Yeah, that was kinda my thought too, but after trying that a couple of more times I still get the same results... nothing. Tried moving the sensor closer to my router and ISY, pressing set until flashing, then taping set again for multi-flash, and waiting for several minutes. Nothing happens.

Comment

Tapping a second time puts the MS in unlinking mode.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

Hello Bert,

Please kindly note bringing the MS to the router / ISY Series Controller will not accomplish anything with respect to linking. You need to bring the MS to any dual band RF device like the 2413S PLM which the controller should be attached to. Also keep in mind the battery needs to be fresh and a factory reset should be completed before any new hardware is added into the Insteon network.

Doing both and having a Insteon dual band RF device close by will facilitate the linking process.
          Want to make a real difference? Please cast your vote to make the PLM Pro a reality: http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-...t/8221-plm-pro

Comment

Battery is fresh (purchased last week with a 12/2020 date), factory reset IAW Quick Start Guide. Now I cannot even get it to go into link mode. Oh, BTW, router, ISY, and 2413S are co-located.

Comment

Did the factory reset proceed correctly, especially step 5?

Comment

As Stu noted please ensure you follow all the steps outlined in the full users manual to complete a hard reset to factory settings. Sometimes the unit needs to be hard reset several times to bring it back to a OEM state.

Please follow up with the group as to how you make out from there.
                Want to make a real difference? Please cast your vote to make the PLM Pro a reality: http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-...t/8221-plm-pro

Comment

Working...
                X