Motion Sensor Woes - night only.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motion Sensor Woes - night only.

I have the motion sensor set to night only and the light sensitivity set to 85%, yet the lights are always coming on during the day. Does this setting work properly for others?

Use a lower light sensitivity %age.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

The issue is the motion sensor turns on the lights in the middle of the day. Igh noon, bright daylight.
      http://www.insteon.com/support-knowl...he-insteon-hub

This says the higher the number, the less light needed for it to be daylight. At 85% it should not be turning on the lights in the middle of the day.

The same motion sensor is turning on a light bulb that is no longer part of its scene. I have removed and readded the lightbulb, yet it still turns on with the scene.

I am using a hub and have not changed any seetings on jumpers.

Comment

Both of our Motion Sensors (one indoor, on outdoor) are set to 5 and turn on their respective linked devices only when it's fairly dark. When I tried higher values, they always responded to motion no matter the ambient light level.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Let's just give up the concrete steps to set the night mode for motion sensor.I did as instructed but never once succeeded.Thanks all

Comment

Yes please. As sontruong would like concrete instructions to make night only work. MS 2842 with jump 5 on ie hub controlled: Sensitivity at 4% but keeps motion detecting even with low ambiance light and also with full light in room. I want it to send light on to responder only when dark. Thanks.

Comment

I have 4 of the older 2842-222 Motion Sensor 1 and the light sensitivity setting works just as the manual states. "The lower the number, the less light is needed for the motion sensor to detect daytime". I have mine set at 30% and they stop turning the lights on around sunrise. Maybe this is yet another issue where the Motion Sensor 1 works better than the newer/redesigned 2844-222 Motion Sensor 2.

Comment

I know it's old but I had to go down to 1% on the first gen motion sensor or the lights would come on when it was on a cloudy day...

Comment

Working...
                X