Verify MS+Hub functionality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Verify MS+Hub functionality

First post, be gentle. Want to verify how something will behave. I have a Hub with about 15 devices and want to add a Motion Sensor.

Scenario:
    Living room light goes on at 10PM and off at midnight via Dimmer Module. I want the motion sensor to turn this light on when motion is detected. Between 10PM and midnight I'd like the light to remain on after motion has stopped but midnight-10PM I'd like the light to turn off after some period of non-motion.

Can the Hub+MS combo be set to operate like this? I'm sensing that the MS will either operate in always-on or the on-off combo that cannot be set for a specific timeframe, but want to verify.

Thx.

You are correct. the Hub does not support conditionals (if this, then do that). If you have that need you,ll need to upgrade to either software (OS specific, requires that the computer be on 24/7) or an ISY (OS independent, uses a browser only to set up).

Another option is to use a battery eliminator, power the eliminator from an Insteon device and schedule the device.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
    X