Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RF sensor suddenly failed to connected since 02/08/2016

Hi,

I've some dimmers, switches & sensors which controlled by 2245-222 hub & they're working fine since 02/08/2016. The problem is quite strange & I failed to know the root cause but just share with you.

All dimmers, switches are function as normal. (Can checked their status & controlled by Insteon iOS / Android app) but just water leak sensors 2852-222 & 2843-222 open /close sensors out of action & shown "Yellow" icon on app.

I've tried to remove the sensor & re-add by app. It's can be detected (can find again at app) but just still show "Yellow" icon instead of "Green / Red"

Checked no outage notice be announced from http://www.insteon.com/systemstatus & I've contacted Insteon support team already. Did you encounter such issue before ?

Pls help help !

Ben
    Last edited by Ben Law; 08-09-2016, 09:32 AM.

Just wondering if you have made any progress on this.

Having the same problem with all my motion, open/close, and motion sensors. Not sure when it started. I am using the same hub.

Comment

Hello fellows,

Would like to update the status of the issue.

Recap the cases be suddenly cannot connect all sensors (Yellow icon), on both Android & iOS apps, but no problem at all for dual band devices (can control & status shown correctly)

Problem fixed by just remove & re-add all sensors at Insteon app. I don't know what's the root cause but working right now, Just try try if you've the same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by TFitzpatri8
        Which app/version are you using? If you navigate to Settings, House, what does it show for PLM and Hub Version?

I saw some strange device status issues on the previous iOS app, but the latest one seems to have fixed that. If you are using an iOS device, you may want to check the App Store to see if an update is awaiting your approval to install.
        PLM is 9F, Hub Version 1010. Running this on an older Droid MAXX with Android 4.4.4

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Law View Post
          Hello fellows,

Would like to update the status of the issue.

Recap the cases be suddenly cannot connect all sensors (Yellow icon), on both Android & iOS apps, but no problem at all for dual band devices (can control & status shown correctly)

Problem fixed by just remove & re-add all sensors at Insteon app. I don't know what's the root cause but working right now, Just try try if you've the same problem.
          Thanks. Will give it a try.

Should add, I have a pair of 2-wire dimmer switches (which I believe are single band) and they work and report status fine.
          Last edited by sstu; 08-26-2016, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Worked on this over the weekend. I found that the motion and open/close sensors could be brought back online by just toggling the Alerts on/off. I didn't have to remove and re-add. However, the leak sensors needed to be removed and added again to get them back.

Comment

Working...
            X