Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please add alert for "Heartbeat Missed"? Please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please add alert for "Heartbeat Missed"? Please?

For my usage, having an alert for when the heartbeat is missed is equally important as an alert for "Wet". Seems useless to have a heartbeat, if it can't be monitored. This is the only way to know if the batter dies, or if the sensor loses contact for any reason. If so, that's a critical failure, and the device is useless at that point, right? Am I missing where to set this alert?

I use the leak sensor in the covered window well of a basement egress window where I fear that the might be a degrading drain tile system, and with a huge rainstorm might accumulate water. I put the leak sensor in the covered sump basket, and it is working. This leak sensor was the perfect solution for me, but if can't validate it's working, it's useless. This seems like obvious functionality. Am I missing something?

Originally posted by rosepete View Post
    For my usage, having an alert for when the heartbeat is missed is equally important as an alert for "Wet". Seems useless to have a heartbeat, if it can't be monitored. This is the only way to know if the batter dies, or if the sensor loses contact for any reason. If so, that's a critical failure, and the device is useless at that point, right? Am I missing where to set this alert?

I use the leak sensor in the covered window well of a basement egress window where I fear that the might be a degrading drain tile system, and with a huge rainstorm might accumulate water. I put the leak sensor in the covered sump basket, and it is working. This leak sensor was the perfect solution for me, but if can't validate it's working, it's useless. This seems like obvious functionality. Am I missing something?

If you have a ISY Series Controller you can use a program from Belias that monitors the heart beat and will inform you if its fails to report in.
    Teken . . .

Comment

Working...
    X