Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newer 2457D2 & commands 0x2E, 0x2F (lamp on/off at ramp rate) not working

Hello,

I've got a 2457D2 unit, firmware version R3.6 and it's not responding to commands 0x2E (lamp on to level at ramp rate) and 0x2F (lamp off at ramp rate). All other commands - lamp on, lamp off, brighten, dim are working fine.

I've implemented these commands just fine with other units, albeit with older firmware (R3.2).

Anyone know if they've removed these commands or changed them with the newer firmware?

It's a very useful command, and I'll be quite disappointed if the newer version modules no longer allow it.

FWIW, setup is iRule to a Global Cache GC100 controlling a 2413S serial modem which is controlling the module. No issues with the control chain as other commands are working just fine.

Any insight you can provide will be appreciated.

Thanks much,
    Brian

R3.6 and R3.2 sound more like hardware revisions not the installed firmware revision.
    I have some 2457D2 hardware R3.4 and R3.5. Both have firmware .41 in them.

Comment

2E and 2F commands are alive and well in the latest firmware versions of the 2457D2.

What commands are you sending?
      Once the commands are sent, how are you controlling the device? (i.e. sending a command or physically at the device)
      If controlled via command, what command is being sent?

Comment

Thanks for the responses.

BLH, sorry for the confusion. I made the assumption that R3.6 and R3.2 were firmware versions. If those are hardware revisions, then I guess I'm not sure what firmware version my units have as I've never checked and admittedly, don't know how to check firmware version.

BetaTestCoordinator, here is the command data string that I am sending through iRule:

\x02\x62\x3E\x80\xEE\x0F\x2E\x8D

All of the commands I am using for control are standard direct commands, that I found here:

http://www.madreporite.com/insteon/commands.htm

and as I mentioned previously, all the other command strings are working fine, and 2E and 2F work fine in my older 2457D2's with the command string above, just can't seem to get it to work with this newer unit (and one other newer unit I purchased maybe about a year ago).

Let me know your thoughts on what might be going on.

Thanks much

Comment

• BetaTestCoordinator
          BetaTestCoordinator commented
          Editing a comment
          When reading your initial post, I was under the impression you were attempting to set a property. The ON/OFF at a specific ramp rate commands were changed. You would need to use command 34 for ON and 35 for OFF. For example, your above command should be
          \x02\x62\x3E\x80\xEE\x0F\x34\x8D

Anyone have any insight as to why these newer units are not responding with the above command?

Any help you can give would be great.

Comment

Working...
        X