Using Mini Remote to control hidden DIN Rail and In-LineLinc Switch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Mini Remote to control hidden DIN Rail and In-LineLinc Switch

I am new to Insteon devices, have the 2014 HUB and a number of switches. I'm trying to control a number of outside devices, so was planning on installing a number of DIN Rail Modules (2453-222) in a waterproof outside box. All of these Responders would be inaccessible... some behind light mountings high on walls.

I have the Mini Remote 2342-222. My intention was to have the Mini Remote control Scenes (I now believe you can't do that), and also control individual Responders.

PROBLEM -- It appears that the only way to program the Mini Remote is if you have access to the SET button on the Responder. But, since it is hidden behind lights/etc., does anyone know how to program the Mini Remote without ever touching the SET button on the Responder?

That's not possible using the Hub because the Hub doesn't support the Mini Remote. If it were, than anyone with a Mini Remote could control your DIN Rail Modules.

BTW, HouseLinc and/or an ISY can link the devices using the Insteon ID.
    Last edited by stusviews; 02-14-2015, 02:40 PM.
    Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
    MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
    Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Please don't PM with questions that can be asked in a forum.

Comment

Working...
    X