serialinc vs powerlinc modem serial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

serialinc vs powerlinc modem serial

I'm planning to by my first HUB and other Insteon devices. I currently have a URC (universal remote control) setup that sends serial commands via the MSC-400 and MX-5000 remote. I also have several devices that respond to serial commands. I'd like to be able to use my remote to send commands to the Insteon network, and also be able to set up scenes in the HUB that include some serial commands being sent to other equipment.
    I've read the manual for the serialinc but it's a little vague. I also see the serial Powerlinc Modem, but I can't even find a manual for that. What is the difference between the two. The powerlinc is much cheaper - $80 vs $150 for the serialinc. I'm sure I'll need at least two to accomplish the above so I'd rather spend $80 each if it will work.
    Thanks

The serial PLM will allow you to use serial commands to control INSTEON devices. The SeriaLinc has that ability and, in addition, lets you use INSTEON commands to control serial devices.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
    X